And that’s a wrap, folks.
Congratulations to all competitors.
Special thanks to the race directors, Ken and Jackie Krueger.
This race would not happen without the efforts of the dozens of volunteers who spend many days in the great white north, many managing their efforts on only a few hours sleep over the course of the race.
The sponsors also provide valuable support with product for racers and money to defray costs.
Of course, all remaining funds are donated to the Special Operations Warrior Foundation, Safe Families for Children – Minnesota, and the International Falls Hunger Coalition.
Items of note:
- We started with 154 racers and had 77 cyclists, 44 runners, and 3 skiers finish in under 60 hours.
- The 1st female runner bested the previous record by 5.5 hrs.
- The 1st male runner bested the previous record by just under 3 hours.
- Daryl Saari, who skied this year, was awarded the Arrowhead à Trois award for finishing the Arrowhead 135 in all three disciplines of skiing, running, and cycling.
- The 1st Spirit of Arrowhead award goes to Lisa Paulos for her inspirational effort in helping her competitors.