© Arrowhead Ultra
© Arrowhead Ultra
We are going to postpone 2021 Arrowhead registration for all racers until 8 am CST 10-10-2020. We will do our best to put on the race as long as we can do it safely. We want to see how school openings, executive orders, and border/travel restrictions may impact the race. We look forward to seeing all racers, volunteers, and sponsors soon. Race date for the 17th annual Arrowhead Ultra 135 are Jan 25th – 27th, 2021.
The 17th annual AH135 will be Jan 25th to 27th, 2021. We will take applications starting 9-1-2020 8 am CST. Please make sure you have a qualifying race – see below. Our roster is limited to ~150 racers and fills quickly.
Gear check will be Jan 23rd/24th. Please ensure you meet or exceed the qualifications listed below if you plan to race.
Completing one of the below accomplishments would typically qualify an entrant for this year’s Arrowhead Winter Ultra; however, entry is not guaranteed. The race directors reserve the right to change the rules in the interest of safety and sportsmanship or for any reason deemed appropriate by the race officials. The race directors reserve the right to select entrants based on other important considerations, as well as due to the requirements of insurers, sponsors, the Minnesota State DNR and other regulatory agencies.
Basically, we look for both endurance and cold weather experience. Below are general guidelines – race veterans and volunteers get preference for entry.
Qualifying activities for runners:
- Completing a prior Arrowhead 135, Tuscobia 160 or similar race.
- Finishing 100 mile foot race or completed multi-sport event, including a 100 mile run. A race in winter conditions improves your odds of being selected and surviving.
Qualifying activities for bikers:
- Complete a prior Arrowhead 135, Tuscobia 160, Susitna, or similar race.
- Finishing 24 hour bike race, with minimum of 100 miles completed for off-road, or 200 miles on road. A race in winter conditions improves your odds of being selected and surviving.
Qualifying activities for skiers:
- Complete a prior Arrowhead 135, Tuscobia 160, or similar race.
- Finishing a 24 hour ski race with a minimum of 100 miles completed.
There are lots of articles, stories, and photo albums from racers, reporters, and volunteers. Go read them all.
All Children deserve to be safe and protected Vulnerable, socially isolated families often don’t have anywhere for their children to stay in times...
Special Operations Warrior Foundation PURPOSE: For nearly 34 years, the Special Operations Warrior Foundation has provided surviving children of...